Popular for its romanticism and its history, the French capital is also known for the luxury and high prices but don’t forget that it can be affordable if you take note of this 5 tips to visit Paris with less budget.
1) Visit the City of the Light on a bike! Vélib is the biggest bike-sharing in the world run by the Paris town Hall for years. With over thousands of bikes covering the city, available 24/7 all year long and multiple bike stations located in few meters away to each other, Vélib offers an economical and alternative way to visit the city. A 1-day tickets costs 1,70 Euros, the first 30 minutes are free.
More tips to visit Paris at velib.paris.fr/
2) Visit the cozy district of Montmartre, which has its own personality and attractions. Once there you will see monuments as the Basilique du Sacrée-coeur, l’Église de Saint-Pierre de Montmartre and the famous Moulin Rouge. Also it is the place where the film “Amélie” was shot. You will find the street artists and a big number of small and typical cafés to taste delicious crêpes and French pastries.
3) Free city-tour! This is one of the best tips to visit Paris. Starting every day from the fountain at Place St Michel, at 11:00 AM and 13:00 PM, is the perfect way to see the most important spots and know a little bit about its history. You don’t even need to reserve, just be there on time and prepare yourself for a 3 hour walking tour. You will see monuments as the Notre Dame de Paris, the Eiffel Tower, Napoléon’s Tomb, l’Académie Française, Tuileries Gardens, Latin Quarter, the Palais Royal, the Louvre, le Pont Neuf, the Musee d’Orsay, view of Les Invalides, view of the Opera Garnier, Arc de Triomphe and much more…
4) Free museums: visit the biggest art-collections of the world in Paris, this is the list of the free museums in Paris:
- Musée Carlavalet (museum of the history of the city of Paris), Musée d’Art Moderne (Museum of Modern Art of Paris),
- Petit Palais de Paris (museum Small Palace),
- Musée Boudelle,
- Musée Cernuschi,
- Musée Cognacq-Jay,
- Musée Jean Moulin,
- Maison Victor Hugo,
- Musée de la Vie Romantique,
- Musée Zadkine and an endless list of museums in the city.
- And the famous Louvre Museum, (only 9 Euros a 1-day ticket, but if you get there after 6:00 PM on a Wednesday or Friday, you’ll get 3 Euros reduction and it’s open until 21:45 PM). If you are under 26, the entrance is free every Friday afternoon.
5) Parks, gardens, woods and vineyards: With their many different and exotic varieties of trees, flowerbeds and colorful plants, the woods (Bois de Vincennes, Bois de Boulogne) and Parisien parks and gardens (Jardin des Tuileries, Parc des Buttes Chaumont, Jardin d’Acclimatation, etc…) all accessible by metro or bus, are great places to relax, explore and enjoy moments of tranquility. It’s is also possible to have a picnic in some of them, a convenient plan for summer time!
More info at hparisinfo.com/what-to-see-in-paris
Paris is multifaceted and there are numerous ways of discovering it. This article shows you other amazing places in Paris to visit with fewer budget. Check more information about Hotels in Paris here.